The Lord has said, 'Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly' (D&C 121:45). The natural follow-on principle is found in the thirteenth Article of Faith 'We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men…if there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things'
Youth and leaders who attend the Firle Stake Trek are expected to live in harmony with gospel teachings. This will ensure everyone has a safe, enjoyable and uplifting experience. All youth are to adhere to these standards as outlined below.
Any youth involved in any of the following activities will have parents notified and approriate action taken;
- Participating in or encouraging immoral behaviour of any kind
- Theft of any kind including damage to the facilities we will have access to
- Breaking the Word of Wisdom
- Possessing weapons or illegal substances of any kind
- Doing anything phyically, emotionally or spiritually harmful to yourself or others